About Me

My photo
Not a blogger.. I just write down my own thoughts and opinions about things that matter !

Friday 19 August 2011

When hashtags move from twitter to your dreams!

I dream of hashtags! loadz and loadz of hashtags ! 

I suppose after the recent events taking place all over the world specially in the Middle east and specifically in Egypt.. The easiest way to get hold of any news happening is just to search for a certain #Hashtag !

The last couple of days I've been searching different hashtags .. and doing my best to make some hashtags trend worldwide which always ends with a huge failure because the world cares more about hashtags like #WMYBMUSICVIDEO than #SyriaBleeds ! 

Anyway last night I had one of the weirdest dreams ever.. I saw myself writing an exam.. and the paper was full of hashtags..An exam full of hashtags..

Hashtags like :

#NoMilTrials : which is against Military trials for civilians in Egypt !
#NOSCAF: which is against the rule of the Military Council in Egypt!
#Egypt: well the hashtag explains it self.
#Jan25 : A day I'll never forget, The day the Egyptian revolution started.
#July8: The start of the second sit in that I didn't take part of coz I'm abroad.
#Tahrir: THE PLACE where it all started.
#Tahrir: The symbol of the revolution.
#Tahrir: a hashtag that was a trend world wide during the first couple of days of the revolution.
#Sinai: for current events taking place on the border with what they call "Israel" which is actually PALESTINE!
#Gaza: A beautiful place in Palestine that's been suffering for years.
#Syria: A country trying to gain their freedom but their Dictator #Assad is a murderer and is killing the people.
#SyriaBleeds: It shows the number of people dying and getting injured coz of a Dictator ruling Syria.

Endless hashtags.. Each and everyone is important in a way.. Each hashtag connects you to the world.. it connects you to certain events.. connects you to people asking for media attention.. 




2 comments: